Screen Memories Scotland to be established as part of a National Memories Project to address several issues :
- to provide therapeutic activities for those living with dementia and other memory problems,
- to combat loneliness and social isolation
- to provide social and recreational activities for people in long-term hospital placements and hospices
- to provide opportunities for younger people to engage with older people to learn about their experiences and memories of Cinema, and help compile and produce permanent records of these experiences and memories in a variety of formats.
- to contribute to the production of primary source material relating to Cinema in Scotland for local and national distribution.
- to preserve and share personal experiences and memories of Cinema in Scotland and beyond.